Skip to main content
Answered

connecting Sonos with Eero (using sky main router)

• 11 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, my internet connection wasn’t reaching my extension so I bought the eero mesh system which works well…..apart from my sonos wont connect to my new eeros set up, it auto connects to my sky router and I’ve tried rebooting etc and doesn’t let me change.

I spoke to sonos and they advised I need sky to ‘delete’ their WiFi in my house so I only have the eero system for sonos to connect to wirelessly but sky have said that’s not possible.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sonos system so don’t want to change it but the fact I can only use it when I am close enough to my sky router to get signal is driving me mad

Please help….I am not very tech savvy so might need things in simple terms

🙏🏼 😊 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello Amy,

Sky don’t allow you to run the Sky router in modem mode, so what you need to do is change the Eero to run in Bridge/AP mode.

See the section on mesh networks in the following:

So I’d already read up about creating a ‘bridge’ but nowhere explained clearly enough how to do it…but that link u sent was very clear and I’ve been able to do it all now and it works!!!!! Thanks so much! Big relief and will cause a lot less frustrating times throughout my day. Can’t tell you how long I’ve spent on this in the past few months! Thanks again