Answered

connecting sonos one to lg tv

• 3 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a 65” newer model lg 4k (65Nano75uqa) and about 4 Sonos one gen 2 speakers. I was wondering if I would be able to connect them directly to the tv, or if I need to purchase a soundbar. If I need a soundbar, what’s the best route to go to have movies and tv playing to my Sonos one speakers set up around my living room? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 January 2024, 05:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You need to purchase a Sonos sound bar. The two best options are the Arc or Beam (Gen 2).

After you add a Sonos sound bar, you can use two of the Ones as surround speakers. NOTE: You cannot have more than two surround speakers in a Sonos home theater setup.

Thank you. If I was to purchase an older model soundbar, is there any recommendations between the Ray or Beam (gen1)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you. If I was to purchase an older model soundbar, is there any recommendations between the Ray or Beam (gen1)?

Ray is cheaper, but requires optical input which some TVs dont have.

Beam is bigger and more expensive, requires optical or HDMI-ARC connection from TV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Big TV, maybe a big room too?

The Beam would likely be the minimum I’d suggest.

Thank you for all the help!