Skip to main content

I got a new router- tp link ax3000 pro. Now I can’t use app and connect to all sonus products. No problem with my old router (Netgear). I’ve downloaded new app and reset ARC. Also reconfigured new router via technical assistance from TP link. Sonus assistance has a wait time of two hours. Sigh. Any help would be appreciated. 

First DO NOT reset it as that will screw up the easy fix. Sadly that is out now but setting your new router to the same SSID and password as the old one is all that is usually needed. If that fails then you need to check the WiFi mode on the new router and set it to match the old one. All of this can then be changed once you are connected.

If you are on v80 of the app:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

About all you can do now, after the reset, is follow the new system setup steps and hope for the best.

Stanley, thank you.  I’ll try this tomorrow morning.  Kinda burnt out on this matter right now.  I’m not concerned about the reset issue as we basically use the songs for the tv.  Tim

Stanley, did not work

The new app is frustrating a lot of folks, maybe someone can help a bit more if you tell us where the new system setup process failed you.

Stanley, a major problem is that I can’t get the new app (the old one too) to connect to my new router.  I’m on a wait list now with sonus.  It’s inconceivable to me that the songs system cannot deal with this new router.  Sigh