connecting both a projector and tv to the Beam

• 19 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have bought a Sonos beam and I am confused on how to connect it both to my projector and TV at the same time (I use the TV in the day and the projector at night)

at present I have an nvidia shield going to a hdmi splitter with 2 outputs, 1 to the projector and one going to the tv

I have bought a sonos beam gen2 and i’m wondering how I should get the signal to it - should I add another splitter directly after the nvidia shield and connect that via hdmi to the sonos beam?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Beam takes an HDMI ARC input, usually generated by the display. It will not take a standard HDMI signal. 

Does your projector do ARC?

This is going to be a significant challenge, essentially what you’re going to need is an HDMI switch that passes ARC, and connect both the TV set and the projector to it, and have the output connected to the Beam. And then select which output device to be pushing the ARC signal to the Beam. 

This will need to be a separate path than the HDMI input to each device. 

this is what I am using:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TD81BDH

perhaps I could use the spdif out from it to send the audio to the soundbar?

looks like i'm going to have to use optical as e-arc is a nightmare and not enough compatible splitters etc seem to exist for it!