Skip to main content
Question

Connecting a TV to a Sonos speaker via wifi

• 24 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Bonjour,
j'ai 2 enceintes Sonos Era 100 connectées à mon Wi-Fi. Je peux très bien écouter la musique de mon téléphone via l'application et via le Wi-Fi. 
Ma question est la suivante : j'ai une TV Samsung avec une connexion Wi-Fi et Bluetooth. Est-il possible de connecter ma TV à mes enceintes Sonos via le Wi-Fi ? Ou faut-il nécessairement passer par un hub style Sonos Amp ?
Merci pour votre retour
Marin

Good morning,
I have 2 Sonos Era 100 speakers connected to my wifi. I can listen to music from my phone very well via the app and via wifi. 
My question is this: I have a Samsung TV with a wifi and Bluetooth connection. Is it possible to connect my TV to my Sonos speakers via wifi? Or do you necessarily have to go through a Sonos Amp style hub?
Thank you for your feedback
Marin

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Connecting through WIFI - NO. I have seen some users use Bluetooth to connect their TVs to the Era 100, but you will have a lip sync issue. To avoid this, a soundbar or an Amp connected with an ethernet cable eliminates the audio delay. Then you can either use the 100s as surrounds or as another room.

Ok thank you very much for your answer. So you need Sonos Amp or soundbar? What do you recommend between the 2, knowing that they are the same price?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I do not like recommending components because there are so many factors that can influence the choice of a product. Every room is different. I have an Arc mounted below my TV with a Sub and surrounds. My living room is big, but not huge. That combination sounds great in that room.

Some people listen to music more that they watch TV, so they may choose an Amp with passive speakers. So that would also be a question you need to ask yourself.