Answered

Connect via Bluetooth Sonos Five to my iPhone

• 28 February 2023
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I do not see the Sonos Five on my Bluetooth on my iPhone? How do I connect?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 February 2023, 21:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The Five doesn’t have a Bluetooth input. Why do you think it does?

Userlevel 7

The only two Sonos speakers that are compatible with Bluetooth are the Move and Roam. But you can connect to the Five using AirPlay with your iPhone.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/stream-airplay-audio-to-sonos

Thank you GuitarSuperstar. That is a great tip. I did figure out the set up, but being new to Sonos I will explore using AirPlay - I would not have known. I appreciate the link.

nik9669a,

Because I asked the person at Best Buy to show me the Bluetooth speakers and she introduced me to Sonos and the progressively better/more expensive speakers offered. I spent a lot of money for the sound produced by this speaker.

I did not realized that I had left the realm of normal Bluetooth speakers, and the normal set up thru Bluetooth. I also didn’t know that there was no battery when I purchased it.

I am glad that you got to exercise your need to feel superior to others with your answer that offered little help.

Thank you GuitarSuperstar. That is a great tip. I did figure out the set up, but being new to Sonos I will explore using AirPlay - I would not have known. I appreciate the link.

The best way to use a Sonos speaker is to configure the speaker with your music service account through the Sonos app, and then control the speaker through the app.  The speaker gets the audio directly, without passing through the phone at all.  You won’t need to keep your phone on at all, much less in range of the speaker. 

Understand that this might not be what you’re looking for.

nik9669a,

Because I asked the person at Best Buy to show me the Bluetooth speakers and she introduced me to Sonos and the progressively better/more expensive speakers offered. I spent a lot of money for the sound produced by this speaker.

I did not realized that I had left the realm of normal Bluetooth speakers, and the normal set up thru Bluetooth. I also didn’t know that there was no battery when I purchased it.

Unfortunately, Best Buy employees are not always the best at understanding the products they sell.  I would not hesitate to return the speaker if it does not have the features you’re looking for.  Although if you intend to just use the speaker in your home, you might find that Sonos is actually better for your needs than a portable bluetooth speaker.

I am glad that you got to exercise your need to feel superior to others with your answer that offered little help.

We see a lot of people on the forums who just assume Sonos has bluetooth without doing any research or asking questions, then proceed to blame Sonos for not meeting their assumptions. The question isn’t about feeling superior as it about anticipating the finger pointing that almost always occurs.