Connect Sonos Five to Yamaha RX-V4A

• 1 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there, I am trying to connect my Sonos Five to my Yamaha RX–V4A amplifier as an additional speaker located in a different room. Does anyone know whether I can do this without using a cable? So I would like to play a track with the identical sound in two separate rooms. My iPad is connected to my Yamaha unit through the Spotify connect option. I therefore want to use the Sonos Five as an additional speaker in a separate room. Hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance! JG

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It’s a little contorted, but you could attach a Bluetooth receiver to the FIVE’s Line-In, then claim to the YAMAHA that you want to send music to a Bluetooth headset. Of course the Bluetooth receiver must be within signal range. I don’t know if there will be any loss of music quality over the Bluetooth link.

There will be time sync issues if it is possible to hear both the speakers wired to the receiver and the FIVE at the listening position. For example, I don’t recommend attempting to do this in an open air space with a YAMAHA theater at one end and kitchen at the other end. A separate bedroom would be fine.

Thank you very much @buzz. Will look into these options. 

Some of the newest SONOS speakers include a Bluetooth receiver.

Thank you @buzz for this message also!