Answered

Connect my Sonos Arc to my new Deco PX50 mesh

• 31 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have read through all related posts and can’t seem to figure out how to get it working. I have just purchased a Deco Mesh PX50 which is a powerline mesh network. I can’t figure out how to get the arc connected to the network and I need this as it is how I stream my music. I also need the mesh as the wifi in the house was not adequate previously. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ratty 31 August 2023, 15:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Is the mesh in router mode or access point mode?

Is the WiFi disabled on your main internet router (assuming there is one)?

It was in router mode but I’ve put back my old router and changed to access point mode now. I’d prefer router and get rid of my old one.

Can I get it working in router mode or not possible?

It ought to be fine in router mode, so long as the Sonos system and the mobile are both on the ‘LAN’ side of the primary mesh node. Sonos players and controllers need to be on the same subnet.

If you still experience problems I’d start to wonder about the powerline backhaul. Some powerline adapters have been known to block the multicasts which Sonos controllers use to discover the players.

That’s what I can’t figure out. When I’ve gone into access mode and using my old router it works no problems. 

So how do you suggest I get it to work in router mode? In router mode the nearest Deco node to the Sonos Arc would be the router and unsure it would have the range to connected to another mesh unit. Thoughts appreciated!

Are the Deco’s WiFi credentials different from the old router’s? If different have you input them to your Sonos system?