Skip to main content
Question

complete loss of system / products

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello all. So whilst trying to connect two speakers this morning to airplay a podcast to the two rooms i was working between - and this completely failing to work which is the new normal since the new app launch,  most simple of tasks which had never been a problem before - my complete system / products have dissapeared. I have gone to System Settings to try and reinstall and the app can not find a single product l. Obviously not particularly happy about having to reinstall every single product and set up again my system / rooms etc, and even more annoyed that this doesn’t even seem possible as the app can not find any of them. Anyone else’s had this problem and found a fix? Many thanks  

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Have a look here for a possible fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1dy8srm/common_fixes_on_a_home_network_for_mdns_new_sonos/

From what i can make of this - not a programmer here - it doesn't actually offer any possible fixes, just notes that there is a problem with Sonos using mDNS. I use google wifi for my home network, and before this morning there hasn't been a problem with my products showing in the app. 

Ok, after a completely hopeless chat with customer services who were unable to offer any insight as to why this may have happened or how to fix it - other than resetting the app which did not work - I cut the power to the house for 30 seconds which has restarted all the products. I’ve reset the app and then logged in again and the normal system and products have returned. Not ideal if this is going to repeat itself. 

From what i can make of this - not a programmer here - it doesn't actually offer any possible fixes, just notes that there is a problem with Sonos using mDNS. I use google wifi for my home network, and before this morning there hasn't been a problem with my products showing in the app. 

Yeah you likely have your network set up correctly as you needed the same things for your Sonos to work with ssdp/upnp and the prior versions of the app.