Answered

Chromecast - casting audio to Sonos One SL

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Dell monitor for my home office, with no in-built speakers, for which I recently added a Chromecast 4k with Google TV. Is it possible to cast the audio generated by Google TV, or apps such as You Tube or Netflix, to my Sonos One SL’s? Is there any other means of achieving this audio connectivity via Google Home or Google Assistant on my Android phone?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 July 2023, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos do not support ‘Google Cast’ - the only way I can think to do what you want, is to add a Bluetooth capable Sonos speaker (not the Move) to your setup and maybe BT pair the speaker to the Chromecast TV. So if you added an Era-100 for example, you could BT pair the Chomecast to that speaker and then using the Sonos App ‘group’ that with your other Sonos speakers over the local WiFi connection to play the BT audio to any/every Sonos speaker in the group

I just came here to say that I almost bought the Sonos One, but stopped only because of this. Me and my wife have Z Fold 5 and S23 Ultra, and it would suck using the speaker without the support for Google Cast. 

Yea, it’s pretty frustrating that Google won’t allow Sonos to support that feature.