changing WFI on device to match phone

• 11 July 2023
  • 6 replies

i need to change my wifi to match my phone but how do i do this if it wont connect to my app? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I’m not sure I understand the question, but in general, if your phone connects to your router, but your Sonos doesn’t, temporarily wire one Sonos speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable, and wait a couple of minutes before opening the controller. At that point, you should be able to see all your speakers, and go in to the network section of the controller, and tell the Sonos system about your new WiFi signal, then you can remove that temporary cable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

i need to change my wifi to match my phone but how do i do this if it wont connect to my app? 

If your speakers are already on the wifi network it’s probably easier to set your phone to that wifi rather than set the rest of your system to match your phone. 

thank you! ill try that! 

ok so i get to the part if adding my password and then it fails 🫠 no typos i promise 

If your speakers are already on the wifi network it’s probably easier to set your phone to that wifi rather than set the rest of your system to match your phone. 

i’ve changed providers this is issue! i need the sonos to connect the the only wifi i have

ok so i get to the part if adding my password and then it fails 🫠 no typos i promise 

Make sure it’s the correct SSID too and also note that everything is cAsE sEnSiTivE.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network