Question

Change wi-fi password

I changed the wi-fi password on my router (for better security). When I start the iOS app, it goes to the welcome screen. If I try to add a speaker (Play 3 or Beam get 2), the app searches for a long time but doesn’t find them. Clicking on can’t find new product goes to a help screen with suggestions to unplug the speaker, which doesn’t work. The other option is to do a factory reset that I’d like to avoid doing.

If I try to join an existing system, the app tries to log into my network with the old password.

On the Sonos support page, it says that there is an “update existing network” option under System, but I can’t locate it with the new app. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This may not be the best time to make changes to your network infrastructure. Unless it’s absolutely necessary, consider waiting a month or two until the new app becomes more stable.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve seen the cautions about the new app but needed to change the password due to a security breach. As it turned out, a very helpful tech support rep for Eero, the router company, was able to fix the problem from their end. I don’t know the details but just know that both the Play 3 and Beam are working. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Great to hear.  Any clue on what they did?