Skip to main content

Cannot add Play:3 to Wi-Fi.

• 12 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Sonos App on IPhone and IPad goes through all steps while setting up using Wi-Fi. At the end of setup process, the screen reads “Adding Play:3 to Den.” It remains on that screen. Attempted several times using several devices. Will not advance beyond that screen. Works fine when adding using Ethernet but I need to use Wi-Fi. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge

If you're having trouble adding a Sonos Play:3 speaker to your Wi-Fi network, here are some steps you can try:

1. **Check Wi-Fi Network Compatibility:** Ensure that your Wi-Fi network meets the requirements for Sonos speakers. Sonos systems work with most modern routers, but it's always good to double-check compatibility.

2. **Position the Speaker:** Place your Play:3 speaker close to your router during the setup process. This ensures a strong Wi-Fi signal during the setup.

3. **Restart Devices:** Sometimes, restarting both your router and the Play:3 speaker can resolve connectivity issues. Unplug your router from power for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for it to fully reboot. Then, unplug the Play:3 speaker from power, wait for a few seconds, and plug it back in.

4. **Use Ethernet Cable (Optional):** If you're still having trouble, you can temporarily connect the Play:3 speaker to your router using an Ethernet cable. Once connected, try adding the speaker to your Wi-Fi network again using the Sonos app.

5. **Reset the Play:3 Speaker:** If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the Play:3 speaker to its factory settings. To do this, press and hold the Play/Pause button on the top of the speaker for about 15 seconds until the light on the speaker flashes amber. Then, release the button, and the speaker will restart. Afterward, attempt to add it to your Wi-Fi network again.

6. **Contact Support:** If you're still unable to add the Play:3 speaker to your Wi-Fi network, you may need to contact Sonos support for further assistance. They can provide troubleshooting steps specific to your setup and help you resolve any issues you're encountering.

These steps should help you get your Sonos Play:3 speaker connected to your Wi-Fi network. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!

Figured out a work around. I did the setup through the iPhone app. It hung up, as it did during the dozen  other attempts. I then downloaded the controller app on my Mac. I was able to see it as an existing system and add a music service. I then linked my Spotify account and began streaming to the speaker from Spotify. Closed the Sonos iPhone app and reopened it. The speaker was found on my network and I am now able to use the full functions of the iPhone, iPad and Mac OS apps.