Skip to main content
Question

Cannot add additional speakers and subwoofer to an existing system,

• 28 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Hey, I have 2x Sonos Play 1 speakers and 1x gen 1 Sonos sub that I had in a single room setup setup at my old house before I moved what worked fine.

I recently moved location and obviously now have a new wifi network/connection that the speakers did not recognise so I factory reset all speakers back to stock and reconnected to a new Sonos account with a different email to the original setup.

I’ve managed to connect one of the speakers to the new account and set it up as a room via wired internet to the router and it works fine ands plays music via spotify.

Now the problem starts when I try to add additional speakers to this this setup.

The Sonos app detects the additional factory reset play speaker and proceeds to communicate with it and then tells me i need to update the speaker. It proceeds to try and update the speaker and then instantly fails and gives me error code 1002.

I’ve tried resetting the speaker and powering the wifi on or off with the basic troubleshooting but doesn't make any difference.

Ive tried turning off the existing working speaker connected to the setup and trying to add the additional speaker as a new setup but that also has the same result does not work.

Failing that I then tried to see if I could connect the sub to the existing setup. The app recognises the sub is then asks to update and connect to the subs local wifi network what succeeds and gets to the screen where it asks to press the flashing button on the sub to pair it. Unfortunately pressing the button has no effect and I’m hard stuck stuck on another generic troubleshooting page that makes no difference.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I’t would be greatly appreciated.

• All the speakers and sub are connected by ethernet to the router and my phone is connected via wifi to the same network. Ive also tried speakers non ethernet over wifi with the same result.
  • I’m using the Sonos app not s1

0 replies

Be the first to reply!