Skip to main content
Question

Can't register brand new Sonos One SL

• 5 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I have a brand new Sonos One SL.

I have added it to the system with the 4 other devices but cannot get past the registration process to get it working. 

I have tried on my android and my windows app - neither work. I have reset the phone, factory reset the wifi, Bluetooth and mobile (because Pixel 7s have Bluetooth issues) and reinstalled the Windows app. 

Nothing works. 

And then I’m told Sonos customer care is “here to help” … and pressing that link gives me a blank screen. Very helpful. 

1. Sonos app - System: “One SL is not registered” .. Press “Fix it”
  2. Pops up “let’s finish adding your Sonos One SL to your system”… Press “Continue” 
  3. “Next, you Sonos One SL will play a chime…..”
  4. Chime plays
  5. Prompts me to press the infinity button on back… Pressed
  6. “There was a problem adding your Sonos One SL to your system. Try again later” 

Again, agai ad again… the same issue

“Try again later” might be the most annoying prompt you could ever code in here Sonos - seriously!

6 replies

I have same issue.  I have 2 PLAY:1 working fine.

Plugged in sonos sl and tried wifi/wired connection.  All the same register ypur product.

I cannot even use the windwos app now it is stuck on register.

How do you get rid of a device in the app. (Deregister)??

Figured it out.. Use the manual method instead of the chimes. 

It is an option after the chimes fails.  The pin is on a sticker on the bottom of the speaker.
Just entered the pin and my sonos one sl registered and is now playing happily with my two older PLAY:1s..

Thanks

Yeah I had to delete it from the system, reset the speaker and try again and it worked on round 2. 

Thanks

Yeah I had to delete it from the system, reset the speaker and try again and it worked on round 2. 

Figured it out.. Use the manual method instead of the chimes. 

It is an option after the chimes fails.  The pin is on a sticker on the bottom of the speaker.
Just entered the pin and my sonos one sl registered and is now playing happily with my two older PLAY:1s..

Mine one sl stil won't work 

They used to but reset a couple of times but they won't register in the app 

All the others connect( 3 play ones ..1play 3 ...1 beam and mini subwoofer)

But the 2 sl it's a no can do ;(

Hello, I have the same problem as described above. 
tried both methods - chime and PIN - still says “failed to register product”.

I tried deleting the app, Ethernet, unplugging router, factory reset … nothing works. 

and for 42 minutes on the phone support hotline now .. 

any Tipps anyone? It used to work before I moved house. Play:5 works fine.

Hey Cindy u need to have all your speakers on the same "internet channel" either all of them on 5 or 2.4 

You need to call your  internet provider and ask them to set all your home device on 2.4 or 5 gigahertz..

And you'll be hopefully fine