Answered

Can't Connect to WiFi. The App will not give a "learn more" prompt

• 4 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have owned a Sonos system for 5 years.  Never had a problem before today.

My speakers are not connecting to Wifi and the app, as far as I can tell, does not let me change network settings unless it “invites” me to do so.  I have tried 10 times and failed to trigger the “learn more” message.  I attempted to just treat it as a new system setup, but nope, that won’t do the trick either.  After not finding my speaker it keeps prompting to try again.  I am stuck in a loop. 

Yes I updated my app.  Yes I updated my app permissions.  Yes I have power cycled my speakers.  Yes I have power cycled my Wifi. Yes I have tried on each speaker.  Yes I have moved the speaker.

Anybody have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 December 2022, 02:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@topguntom8,
First, just to clarify your post, are you saying you lost connection to your devices and so ‘reset’ (using link in the Sonos ‘app preferences’) or ‘reinstalled’ the Sonos App, but then the App is not finding your Sonos system on the local WiFi network - is that correct?

If so, perhaps temporarily wire one standalone Sonos speaker/device to your router and reboot the others and ensure your mobile controller device is connected to your WiFi network and meets the system requirements shown in this LINK.

Open the ‘reset’ Sonos App once again and skip past the opening screens, accept T&C’s etc. and choose the option to connect to the ‘existing’ Sonos system. See if that works for you.

If it works and you get all back up and running, check you have your routers WiFi credentials stored in ‘Settings/System/Networks/Manage Networks’ in the Sonos App. If not, use the ‘Update Networks’ feature to add the credentials to your Sonos devices and then see if all continue to work when you uncable the speaker from the router.

A wired connection fixed the problem. 

Thank you!