Answered

Can't connect Sonos 5 to netwrok

• 18 December 2020
  • 10 replies

My Sonos Play 5 can’t connect to network, flashing white 4 times, turn orange, flash white once and then red, and turn back to green, and the cycle repeating itself. 

Anyone could advice how to resolve this issue.

Daignostic info : 772673488

icon

Best answer by ratty 18 December 2020, 16:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Strange. It sounds like it’s gone into hardware diagnostic mode.

Press play/pause or the Join button on the back. If that doesn’t work power it off, wait 20 seconds, then on again. 

It sounds like it’s stuck in ‘diagnostic dump mode’ ...I would perhaps first try a factory reset of the speaker and see if that fixes it.

• Power off the speaker for a minute, or so.
  • Press & Hold the rear ‘join’ button’ and keep it pressed.
  • when you see the status LED flash amber, let go the ‘join’ button
  • Wait until the flashing amber LED switches to flashing Green

All being well, then open the Sonos App and try the setup process again.

I have reset more than 10 times, the same issue occurred. Sometimes it turns solid white, and I still can’t connect to the network. Both wifi and ethernet connection not working. 

It could be a hardware fault. Wait for Sonos Support to respond.

Ah try ratty’s procedure first - I was thinking you were trying to actually setup the speaker on your Household.

It’s sometimes important to let the ‘join’ button go when the LED flashes amber, don’t wait till it switches to green before letting go the button. If still no joy then contact Sonos Customer Care via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/

Hi Ken, I try your approach, press the join button at the reat for 10 secs or more, and it turns to flash amber for 4 times, and green 4 times, and flash white 4 times, and solid red, and the cycle repeat itself again and again

Hi Ken, I try your approach, press the join button at the reat for 10 secs or more, and it turns to flash amber for 4 times, and green 4 times, and flash white 4 times, and solid red, and the cycle repeat itself again and again

If you’re doing that while it’s powered up, you’re putting it into diag mode. 

To factory reset you press and hold the Join button while it’s disconnected from power. Apply power and only release Join when the LED starts to flash amber.

Hi Ratty, your approach works perfectly, and I press the join button while it’s power off, and on the power wait till the amber light is on and when it turn green I release the button. It’s now connected, and I have my ethernet cable also connected. 

You are awesome, thanks for all the tips. 

Hi Ken, thanks for your advice too. I have been struggled to get it to connect for more than a week. 

Ah, good to see that ratty helped you to sort the matter joechua73. All the best.👍