Can't connect Google assitant

• 4 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Because Sonos was giving a lot of “An error occured” when giving basic commands I decided to re-add google assistant to Sonos. But this is giving me a lot of trouble.
In Google Home I see that Sonos is still linked to sonos. In Sonos it isn’t connected.
When trying to add google assistant in the sonos App I’m stuck at “No devices found” in the google home application.

I also tried unlinking the sonos app in Google home, but this also seems quite buggy as it sometimes adds itself automatically after refreshing the google home app?

What else can I try to make it work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I see in your Sonos community online profile, that you list a Beam and Play:1 as part of your system - what voice assistant (if any) is currently installed on your Sonos Beam? Do you have any other Sonos devices that have a built-in voice component?

What Sonos devices are listed in both the Sonos App and Google Home Apps?

Have you reauthorised and re-scanned for Sonos products using the Sonos Action/Skill in the Google Home App?

Which music subscription service are you using and is it installed in both Sonos and Google Home under the same login credentials?

Check your online Sonos profile and Google Apps to ensure both have the same Country settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What would happen if you break the link in GA and start over from the Sonos app?