Answered

Can’t change the room where our Sonos system is located

• 2 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

We have a Beam G2 w/Symfonisks as rear surrounds. We were using them in our bedroom but moved them into our family room for the time being.

We used to have another system in the family room. The soundbar was likely not fully reset and I couldn’t figure out how to remove it from my system so eventually I chose the “hide” option that came up just to get rid of it. The rear surrounds that were in there were correctly reset and removed from the app but a month or so later, they just showed up again.

I’ve tried probably 20 times to change the name of our current system from Bedroom to Family Room. Every time I save it, it appears to work, and then a bit later, it’s showing up as bedroom again. The system was already TruePlay tuned again for the current space but I need to change the room it’s located in.

Is there still a phantom system somewhere in the app? Do I need to entirely reset and remove everything? Do I need to delete my account and start over? Or is there a less drastic way to get this to rename and remove whatever components are still showing up as attached to my account (when they aren’t). Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 April 2023, 00:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

With respect to room names reverting, I suspect that you have enabled voice control. Go into the voice control configuration and make sure that the room name is correct in that App. I’ve seen the voice control App “correct” a room name from time to time.

The notices regarding removed units is an issue that I hope will be fixed soon. Eventually (weeks), the removed units will fade from the controller. Meanwhile, simply ignore the notices.

Userlevel 3
Badge

With respect to room names reverting, I suspect that you have enabled voice control. Go into the voice control configuration and make sure that the room name is correct in that App. I’ve seen the voice control App “correct” a room name from time to time.

The notices regarding removed units is an issue that I hope will be fixed soon. Eventually (weeks), the removed units will fade from the controller. Meanwhile, simply ignore the notices.

Hi @buzz, thanks so much for taking the time to post. That was a good thought. Unfortunately, I went into voice control and it’s only showing “Add A Voice Assistant”. I’ve never added one. Is there any other place that this setting could be? It really feels like I have gremlins in my system. :(

@raeyn - are you perhaps using iOS controller devices and have your Sonos speakers registered in Apple HomeKit? If so, rename your Sonos rooms/speakers in the HomeKit App instead and that will feed through to the Sonos App and all should then keep their new room name.

You can uninstall the controller App. Nothing critical is stored in the App. As you install a fresh copy be careful to join an existing system rather than starting a new system. It’s too easy to click on the wrong entry and this creates a mess.