Answered

can I group 2 SONOS One SL speakers?

• 15 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I just bought two Sonos One SL shadow edition speakers from Costco.  I want them to play the same music in two different rooms of the house.  I read online I could group them, but my Sonos App has the “Group” feature greyed out and says I need three or more rooms to group.  Is setting up a stereo pair a good option if the 2 speakers are on two different levels of the house? Is there a way to create a group for two speakers?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 January 2023, 21:42

View original

3 replies

Hi.  You have misunderstood.  You cam group two speakers to do exactly what you want.  The bit you are looking at is to do with named groups.  You can group two speakers to do exactly what you want.

On the ‘now playing” screen, just tap the square icon to the right of the volume bar.  Tap the radio button so that both speakers are selected. Tap Done.

You are looking at named groups, which are really just a shortcut to check rooms on the grouping page.  Since grouping two rooms only requires one click, there is no shortcut for two rooms.  See this link for how to group/ungroup:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

Thank you so much! I think it is more confusing on the app.  I read the link u sent and just pushed the grouping button on the actual speaker and it worked! Thank you.