Bluetooth Era 100 PC & Android

• 27 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased an Era 100, and I’m having an issue with the Bluetooth audio. I can pair it to my PC, phone, and tablet successfully, but it’s not playing any audio. I have rebooted all devices (including the Era 100 itself), removed and repaired it several times, set it as the default output device,, ran troubleshooters on Windows etc, etc. Everything is up to date. So far I have only been able to use the Sonos app or select the Era 100 as the playback device on my Spotify account to get audio playback. 

*Its set as the system default on my PC, all other apps and programs are set to default. 

*On PC/Android (Bluetooth paired to Era 100)→ Spotify → Playback device → PC/Android → no audio

*Spotify → Playback Device → Sonos Era → Plays audio 

I would like to use it for other apps/programs/streaming services, but I have only had success with music applications and changing the playback device to the Era itself. I was thinking that it could be a Windows issue, but I run into the same problem on my phone/tablet. The device(s) are paired, but it doesn't seem to work like any other Bluetooth speaker I own or have used in the past. Ideally I will be using the line in feature, but I would at least like to test the latency on Bluetooth before purchasing (what should be unnecessary) cables

I should add that on Windows when paired with the Era, it will show that music is playing in the (windows) audio settings, but there’s no sound. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Edit: 
I should add that on Windows when paired with the Era, it will show that music is playing in the (windows) audio settings, but there’s no sound. 

Moderator Note: Merged reply with original post

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you choose the right source to play for the Era in the Sonos app?

Hey

Having the same issue. After I purchased the era 100 a month ago, I was able to use it as a Bluetooth speaker with my phone, while my wife wasn't with her phone. Only worked via WiFi for her. Since a few days the speaker refuses to work with my phone as well. I can only get it to make a sound when I connect Spotify with the speaker via WiFi. Every other sound from my phone is silent.

Grateful for help