Skip to main content
Answered

Beam (Gen2) + 2 One SL Connection Issues

• 31 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi All--

Another connection issue question :)

I have a Beam (Gen2) + 2 One SL’s (OSL) for my living room “theatre.” I noticed last week the OSLs were not firing while I watched Dragon Ball Z so I tried to rejoin them to the network but no luck--”Unable to join OSL to loki”. All 3 products have been on my network ‘loki’ for the past 7 months working flawlessly.

I followed the instructions on factory resetting from here (Reset your Sonos product | Sonos), I saw the subsequent white/amber flashing lights that eventually turned green. iPhone identifies the charm, connects to the OSLs but will fail when joining them to loki.

Went back into my WiFi AP (a Ubiquiti NanoHD) made sure loki is 2.4Ghz, no crazy filtering rules, ‘forgot’ prior OSL connections just in case there was an IP conflict or something…and nothing. I’ve tried resetting to factory defaults probably a dozen times now, alternating between unplugging power from the wall vs the unit itself, in case that made a difference, leaving them unplugged overnight, but the OSLs continue to fail at ‘Connecting OSL to loki’.

I then made a new network, ‘meili’, swapped my Beam over to it easily but the OSLs won’t connect <repeat factory resetting procedures on new network>. I’m at wits end because they’ve been working for months and now nothing. No VPNs running on my phone, devices are adequately spaced apart (~12ft equilateral triangle), not worried about WiFi channel interference, and no physical trauma to the units (e.g. power surges). It’s like they just stopped working.  

The only thing I haven’t done is factory reset all 3 devices and rebuild my network with all new WiFi names which I won’t do.

I am open to all suggestions, seances, or really anything that might get the OSLs running because I’m at a loss right now. 

-W

Any chance the ‘radio’ got turned off on the Beam (intentionally, or not)? What you’re reporting sure sounds like the Sonos Ones can’t connect to the Beam, from which they get their connection, and proxy IPs.

Alternately, have you tried the process of contacting Sonos support?