Answered

beam Gen 2 vs era 300

• 16 April 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

As part of house renovations I’m updating the whole music system, we’ve now got an exposed RSJ that separates the kitchen and dining room, its open plan but still distinct enough to be 2 different rooms. The RSJ would make a beautiful location for a beam gen 2 facing into the kitchen, then on the back on the RSJ facing into the dining room a pair of era 100’s. Does anyone have experience of the beam gen 2 vs the era 300? The era 300 wouldn’t be a natural fit anywhere in the room but if the sound is significantly better we may have to find somewhere. 2 pairs of era 100 was also a consideration but with the speakers being placed relatively high in the room the dolby atmos feature would most likely be beneficial.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 16 April 2023, 14:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

The Beam is specifically designed for a Home Theatre setup which the Era 100’s aren’t, so this is not a fair comparison really.  In terms of positioning, the Era 100’s are best at a head height position.  I don’t have the Era 100’s but the difference between the Era 300’s and the Sonos One is very significant.

If the audio source is music, then personally a stereo pair of Era 300’s would be best, if the budget can stretch to them, otherwise, a stereo pair of era 100’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What is a RSJ?

Search isn’t helping: Religious Sister of St Joseph

RSJ

Who knew? Certainly not me, thanks for asking the question, @Stanley_4 , and the answer, @buzz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Who knew? Certainly not me, thanks for asking the question, @Stanley_4 , and the answer, @buzz 

It's a relatively common abbreviation in the UK, obviously not elsewhere!