Answered

Beam 2 not finding older speakers

• 24 April 2023
  • 8 replies

• Contributor I
  • 5 replies

Had a H/W failure on Playbase. Tech support replaced with Beam 2. Got that working, but now my “older” Play1s and Sub are not found in +Add Product. Restarted the Beam a couple of times and recycled the power on the Sub, but the “Searching for nearby product” keeps going, and going. Any help is greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by TDxx 25 April 2023, 01:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Are / were the PLAY:1s and Sub still on S1 rather than S2?

Or is there a possibility that you have some sort of mesh network that everything is trying to connect to?

Thanks for the comment. You’re right, I may have introduced a S2 device, Beam 2 into my S1 environment and it can’t “see” the S1 devices. Hmmm..

Sorry...missed the first part of your answer. All devices were function oK on S2 before the H/W failure on the Playbase. Thanks!

When you set-up the BEAM you may have “setup new system” rather than “add product”.

The correct sequence should have been “Remove SUB” and “Remove Surrounds” then “Add product”. followed by “add surrounds” and “add SUB”.

Thanks!

Since I've already set it up as NEW, how do I backtrack and set up as ADD product, please?

Since I've already set it up as NEW, how do I backtrack and set up as ADD product, please?

Factory reset the Beam 2.  Then open your Sonos app, go to Settings > System and choose ‘+ Add Product’.

Thanks to everyone in the Community. Turns out I needed to reset all my devices/products and they were then attached! Back in surround sound!! YaY!