Auxiliary port on Era 300

• 8 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello, just want to know if my PC is plugged into the auxiliary port of the Era 300, will it possible to play music into all my other speakers that I have or only in the Era 300 ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

You can play the music on your other speakers. Just choose the Line-In option under Browse in the Sonos app or group your other speakers with the Era 300.

NOTE: You will probably experience a slight audio delay with the line-in connection so if playing video on the PC, you will have lip sync issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You could also set up a Music Library for the music on the computer, and free up the aux input for something else. 

Did you had a chance to test your setup, @SylvainFecteau ? I was wondering the same thing. 

Did you had a chance to test your setup, @SylvainFecteau ? I was wondering the same thing. 

Hi.  It would only take twenty seconds to try this for yourself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hmmm, wonder what was meant by “PC is plugged into the auxiliary port of the Era 300”. There’s no direct way to plug a computer into the USB-C port of an Era. You’d need to plug the analogue out from the TV to the Sonos Line in adapter and connect that to the USB-C on the Era.

Did you had a chance to test your setup, @SylvainFecteau ? I was wondering the same thing. 

Hi.  It would only take twenty seconds to try this for yourself. 

Did it maybe occur to you that if I could, I would have?

But I can’t, because I don’t have an Era 300, and I want to make sure that what Sylvain was talking about works before I get one.

Why the passive-agressive answer? Was it necessary?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

My statement: “You’d need to plug the analogue out from the TV to the Sonos Line in adapter and connect that to the USB-C on the Era” should read “You’d need to plug the analogue out from the PC to the Sonos Line in adapter and connect that to the USB-C on the Era.”