Are Sonos speakers as rubbish as I think that they are....

• 13 October 2023
  • 15 replies

always issues when connecting my barely used Play 3. 

I have absolutely no problem with Bose: none...Sonos...Oh! for goodness sake…. 

I have tried delating the old App and downloading a new one. Tried everything a seventy year old technophobe can do ...it’s beyond me

This whole issue of connecting is utterly clunky. 

Sonos get your perishing act together!!!!! Waste of money! 

15 replies

Badge +20

The answer is NO they are not.

Why has it taken you five years since it was discontinued to complain ? If you want help just ask.

11 Sonos devices, surrounded by other condo unit’s WiFi on all sides, as reliable as a concrete doorstop.  Once I fixed the fact my router could get wonky and issue duplicate IP addresses, haven’t had a single problem. 

Badge

Sonos (and the associated software) is an absolute disgrace. It simply doesn't work 90% if the time. Truly hopeless overpriced rubbish. Anyone investing in Sonos speakers needs their head testing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Of course there are always glitches when using computer based devices. But if your Sonos set up does not work 90% of the time there’s one adage: “lt’s the network, stupid”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sonos (and the associated software) is an absolute disgrace. It simply doesn't work 90% if the time. Truly hopeless overpriced rubbish. Anyone investing in Sonos speakers needs their head testing. 

Wow! Joined the community in December 2019 and still reading these forums 4 years later. 

Where do I get my head tested, @Dodders?

I have 10 Sonos devices now. All work reliably, BTW. Maybe it’s your system and your head that need testing?

I don't believe you for a second.  If something I bought didn't work 90% of the time, it would be returned to the store well before the allotted return period is up.  The last thing I'd be doing is keeping it in my home and complaining on a web site.

Badge

The Sonos issues are endless. What a complete waste of money.

Badge

Badge

Says it all about Sonos. 

Badge

The 1 star waste of money.

Badge

Wow! Joined the community in December 2019 and still reading these forums 4 years later. 

Where do I get my head tested, @Dodders?

I have 10 Sonos devices now. All work reliably, BTW. Maybe it’s your system and your head that need testing?

Badge

Sonos overpriced rubbish...guaranteed to bring early aging and hairloss.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sonos overpriced rubbish...guaranteed to bring early aging and hairloss.

Clearly you’re not going to change your opinion.

Over the years, Sonos has sold to a huge number of users - in the tens of thousands, if not more. You’ve found a survey where 84% of 90 responders - ie 76 people - are dissatisfied with the product. Well done. 

Clearly you’re not going to change your opinion.

Over the years, Sonos has sold to a huge number of users - in the tens of thousands, if not more. You’ve found a survey where 84% of 90 responders - ie 76 people - are dissatisfied with the product. Well done. 

Amazon ranked every Sonos product as 4 stars or more, and those ratings have 10s of thousands of reviewers.  I'll take that over some obscure website that nobody's ever heard of.

Oh and let's see if our resident forum busybody comes by this thread to label a truly obnoxious poster as such.  I'll not be holding my breath.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Where do I get my head tested, @Dodders?

Sonos Clowns. 

Have you looked at the Bose reviews? Of 389 reviews, 90% give them 1 star. That’s 350 people. I guess that makes Bose 4 times worse than Sonos?