Skip to main content

App or Wi-Fi

• 7 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi 

just in the last few days my app is showing that I have issues with some or all parts of the system ie not connected however all speakers are working fine ( Beam Gen 2 - Sub Mini - 2 sl ) I did have problems with my Wi-Fi a few weeks ago but up until this week it’s been working great, well still is but the app is showing issues - so is it a app problem ? 

many thanks 

Andy

5 replies

Capture a screen showing these messages and attach it here. Currently, there can be some unsettling messages that should be ignored. Hopefully, future releases will eliminate or better explain these messages.

Badge

Hi buzz 

This is not one of the ignorable messages.

Think of the controllers as remote controls. In your case BEAM is configured to play the TV without any interaction from a controller App. The TV or cable box remote can be configured to control BEAM’s Volume.

Give us some network details. Which model router? Network switches? WiFi extenders or mesh points? What is wired? Wireless? Other network devices, such as thermostats, lamps, shades, etc. What sort of WiFi issues were you having? How did you solve these issues?

Badge

Hi buzz 

Would you believe it, its stopped happening !

Likely there was some sort of transient network issue. Unfortunately, I’m reminded of the famous movie line “I’ll be back”.