Answered

all speakers turn on ramdom times full volume

• 12 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all.

so I’ve had my speakers running pretty much faultless for the last 7 or so years, but over the last few weeks when we’ve been using them throughout the day and evening they work fine however when we turn them off for what ever reason (bedtime phone calls whatever) they all come on full blast randomly. This could be in the afternoon middle of the night no pattern. They are all up to date, I’ve tried powering down, deleting the app and re installing. This afternoon we turned them off and I removed the last played from the rooms and they have all just blasted out something, seeing as it’s 2030 and the kids were are in bed I just unplugged as quick as I could. 
any ideas on what else to try as I’m at my wits end With them now 

thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by controlav 12 November 2023, 21:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Its either your cat or Spotify. Next time it happens immediately gather a diagnostic and ask Sonos support to tell you exactly why.

Great thanks for this. Now you say that it does seem to happen after we’ve used the planet radio app. I’ll definitely submit the diagnostic next time. 

sorry for the ignorance what do you mean by cat? Do you mean the cat cables if so the only thing that’s connected is the boost all speakers are wireless 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great thanks for this. Now you say that it does seem to happen after we’ve used the planet radio app. I’ll definitely submit the diagnostic next time. 

sorry for the ignorance what do you mean by cat? Do you mean the cat cables if so the only thing that’s connected is the boost all speakers are wireless 

Cats are often involved in random playback as they like to walk on the controls on top of the speakers. Notably, once on reddit, a lizard was found to be the culprit on this heinous act.

Oh actual cats haha. No pets in our house unless next doors has broken in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Warm and touch buttons, not a good combination with cats.