Answered

all generation 1 products lost

• 21 March 2023
  • 5 replies

10 year old system but plugged in a new router from by a few mo the ago and all sonos products lost. 

Tried resetting and reinstall sonos- to no avsil

Sometime sees is network to connect to, but doesn't work

Please advise as otherwise will need to get all new products 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 March 2023, 16:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I’m really hoping you didn’t factory reset the Sonos devices. In general, when you get a new router, you’d follow the procedures laid out here: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

If you have factory reset them, you’ve lost everything you’d previously had stored on them, and starting from the beginning, I’d wire one device to your router with an ethernet cable, create a new system, then use the “add a device” in the controller for each additional device. 

Hi thanks for your reply.  If by factory reset you mean take power cable out and hold the mute/vol + button then yes as this is what SONOS support told me to do

I’ve managed to see a play 5 device added as new now and put in new router details-but can’t see any of the AMPs that should be there.

Any other advise would be helpfuil

As stated, wire one of the ‘seen’ devices to your router with an Ethernet cable. Wait 5 minutes, then see if the ‘missing’ devices can then be found.  If they were reset, you’ll need to ‘add a new device’ in the controller to connect to them. 

Thanks for the reply so the device connected to the router is found and connected, but none of the other devices can be seen, please advise options as tried finding missing devices, but wilth no luck.

After you wire one unit, reboot the other units. Eventually, I think that the other units will find their way without the reboot, but this could require about half an hour.