Answered

Adding to Play:1 set up

• 15 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I have 4 Play:1 speakers - 2 on my covered deck and 2 in my family room.  We just finished an addition and want to add speakers and a sound bar to my existing Play:1 set-up.  First question, is it possible to build on the Play:1 speakers?  They are nearly 5 years old.  Second question is if I can build on this, what product would be compatible?  And finally, if compatible, can all speaker play throughout the house and deck simultaneously?  Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 November 2023, 05:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Not sure exactly what you mean by “build on”, but the Play:1 speaker is compatible with the S2 app. So the Play:1 speakers can be used with the latest generation Sonos speakers. The Play:1s can be grouped together with other Sonos speakers and play the same audio throughout the house and deck.

The best way to use the Play:1s with a Sonos sound bar is by using a pair of Play:1s as surround speakers. The Arc and Beam (Gen 2) are two great sound bar options.

Thank you. This is exactly what I hoped to hear as I expand (build out) my system.