Answered

Adding speaker (for music) to a TV system

• 3 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have a system set up called ‘living room’ with an arc, a sub and two ones. It works great with the TV and i am happy with that. 

The thing is… I want the same music played in my entire apartment. For that I would need another one or two. Can this be done? Should/can I use the current set-up as is and then create a new one named, say, 'apartment’ for when I play music? That is. When I watch TV I want to use the two ones for the surround sound and when playing music in the apartment I want to use the two from the ‘living room’ with the others in the apartment. 

Or… what can be done? 😅

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 February 2024, 14:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos is a whole-home audio system. You can add more speakers throughout your home and play the same music through all of your speakers at the same time. Simply add more speakers to whatever room you like and group them all together in the Sonos app. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So add a speaker and label it (or them if a stereo pair) Kitchen; another in Bedroom. Then play different music to each, or to just music to one room, or the same music to all rooms… 

I just received my 3rd speaker today and will see what I can do with your suggestions. 

Joining this thread - I’m trying to do same thing.  I have a Beam and two One SL’s as a home theater system.  Bought another One SL to either play music from just that one speaker that is in another room or to be connected with the current home theater group. 

Just to hammer that point yet again, when playing the TV input, any extra Sonos ‘room’ will be delayed from the Home Theater ‘room’ by at least 75ms. All rooms will play in sync when streaming music to the Sonos system (and it’s up to you if you want to stream N Sync, no judgement…)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Just to hammer that point yet again, when playing the TV input, any extra Sonos ‘room’ will be delayed from the Home Theater ‘room’ by at least 75ms. All rooms will play in sync when streaming music to the Sonos system (and it’s up to you if you want to stream N Sync, no judgement…)

But if the extra speaker(s) are physically located in a different room you’ll only “hear” or notice that delay when you’re located in a spot where you can hear both sources at a similar volume. 
I’ll often group in the lounge and kitchen if I’m watching a program and need to do spend time in the kitchen. Then I can still listen to, even if not see, the program.  There’s a location in the kitchen doorway where I hear the “echo” effect - but I don’t stand there so it’s of minimal effect.