Answered

adding Era 100 to existing Play 1 and playbar

• 3 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I am planning to add Era 100 to my existing Sonos speakers. My reason is to use line in and connect my turntable to the Era 100. My question is as follows: if I connect the turntable to the Era will the sound then also play over the other speakers in my room (they are grouped together )? I have two Play 1’s and the first generation playbar in this room but also other play 1’s in other rooms. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 September 2023, 14:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Yes, indeed, that’s exactly how grouping works. The Era 100 must, however, not be used in a ‘surround’ context, as that would turn off the line in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Make sure to order the Sonos line-in adapter with your 100.

Hi all. I received my Era 100 and trying to setup. During setup it does ask me if I want to add to existing group and when I select my “family room” which consists of one playbar and two surround Play 1’s, it completes setup but doesn’t add Era to existing group but automatically creates a “family room 2” group with only the Era 100 in it. Tried factory reset but same happens. Any idea ?

You already have the maximum speakers in that one room. In order to add the Eras, you’d need to remove the two surround PLAY:1s and move them to another room first.

Userlevel 7

You can have the Era 100 in the same physical room as your Playbar and Play:1 surrounds, but you cannot have it in the same Sonos room.

You can only group the Era 100 with your “Family room”.

The Era 100s cannot be added as surrounds to the Playbar.