Answered

Add extra One SL to existing Arc and Surrounds room

• 28 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I have an existing Arc and 2 x OneSL as Surrounds as one room and 2 x OneSL as another room. How do I add the extra 2 x One SL to the Arc to give me 4 One SL as surround sound? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 June 2023, 03:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only add two surround speakers in a Sonos home theater setup.

You cannot ‘bond’ further speakers to the Sonos Home Theatre that you’ve mentioned, other than Sonos Sub(s)**, you can only ‘group’ the other Sonos speakers/rooms, which is fine for music playback.

Note however, that TV audio sent to ‘grouped’ rooms has an approx. 75ms (minimum) delay due to audio buffering, to cope with the demands of TV audio over the local network.

There are tools in the App to adjust the TV and group audio-buffers, but that may lead to lip-sync issues with any video on the TV screen. See these hopefully helpful support links:

**Note: up-to 2 Sonos Subs (not a Sub-Mini) can be bonded to your Sonos Home Theatre (one must be a Gen3), or only one Sub-Mini can be bonded instead.

Thanks for that. I've already got the 2 bonded as Surrounds so will use my other 2 for music instead.