Skip to main content
Answered

Access to My Account on Remote System

• 25 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos system at home. I mainly play music via my Spotify account. I’m going on vacation and staying in a villa that has a Sonos system throughout the property. Is there a way to use that system and have access to my Sonos account’s Spotify playlists? FWIW, all the tunes on my playlists are also downloaded on my phone. Can I just add my Spotify account to their Sonos system, then delete the account when our vacation is over?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would talk to the owner/manager of the property and ask them how they expect visitors to use the system.  But here’s what’s possible.

You could factory reset all the Sonos products at the Villa and add them to your account.  Factory reset when you leave.  I doubt the owner is ok with this plan.

If you are given the WiFi password and the owner’s Sonos account (not sure this is fully needed) you can add your Spotify account the the Villas Sonos system.  Remove the account when you leave.  Owner could be fine with this not sure.  

If you have a iphone/ipad and access to the WiFi, you can use airplay to play your music.

If the Villa has a Roam, Era 100, or Era 300, you can use bluetooth to play your music. Probably would need WiFi access for control.

Owner may have one of the many devices that has an aux input.  You can then wire your device to the Sonos system directly.  Probably would need WiFi access for control.

Owner may just want you to use voice control  with the system.