A pair of Era 300s at slightly different heights

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

I currently have a single Era 300 in my lounge for music. I have bitten the bullet and ordered another plus the stand, using one of my 15% off coupons. When installed as a stereo pair for music with the other, there will be about a 10cm difference in height. Will this matter given I will do Trueplay?

Hope not as I don’t really have any other options on placement.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

I don’t think it’s going to make much difference unless the listener sits within a meter or less to the speakers.  However, the Sanus website sells a height adjustable Era 300 stand (SANUS WSSE3A1) that may be better for your case aesthetically.   I’m not sure they ship in the UK though, or if they are available in any retail stores.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I don’t think it’s going to make much difference unless the listener sits within a meter or less to the speakers.  However, the Sanus website sells a height adjustable Era 300 stand (SANUS WSSE3A1) that may be better for your case aesthetically.   I’m not sure they ship in the UK though, or if they are available in any retail stores.

They seem hard to come by here in the UK and I had read about issues with the adjustable ones not staying at the desired height. I have Sanus adjustable stands for my surround ONE SLs which are fine but was put off by the reports about the ones for the Eras.

Also the Sanus ones retail for the same money as the Sonos stands so I ordered the Sonos stand with the speaker.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Oh and I get why they don’t - but imagine how cool it would be if Sonos would let you use multiple discounts on 1 speaker! I gained 4 new 15% discounts recently for my One SLs (used one for this purchase), and that’s the excuse I gave myself for indulging my habit of buying Sonos speakers 🤣

Oh and I get why they don’t - but imagine how cool it would be if Sonos would let you use multiple discounts on 1 speaker! I gained 4 new 15% discounts recently for my One SLs (used one for this purchase), and that’s the excuse I gave myself for indulging my habit of buying Sonos speakers 🤣

Yea, I have more than I could ever use for myself realistically.  I have 3 theories on how I can use them.

1 - Use to buy for others, whether as a gift or just to buy on their behalf with them paying me back.  

2 - Do not apply for the credit on eligible items.  That way when/if I sell the speaker the credit will transfer to the buyer as a bonus to them.  Perhaps justify selling for a higher price.

3 - Do not apply for the credit on eligible items. The original ZP and Connect products are a 30% credit rather than 15% due to their age.  While Sonos has said nothing, and it’s entirely just my guess, but perhaps Play:1s and other speakers of that age will eventually be worth a 30% discount.  I’d say it’s unlikely, but there is no benefit to applying for a credit now that you do not need now.  I don’t see the credit program going away, at least without a bit of headsup to go ahead and apply for the credit before the program ends.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yeah using for gifts is a good idea and I actually did that with a discount from my Playbase last year. 

Most likely my 3 remaining discounts will just stay on my account as honestly - I am fast running out of actual room in my house for new speakers 😄

Most likely my 3 remaining discounts will just stay on my account as honestly - I am fast running out of actual room in my house for new speakers 😄

This is a problem with some solutions.

A - Start thinking of your laundry room, bathroom, hallways, closets, etc as spaces in your home that could really benefit from audio.  Sure, they are used less frequently, but you can group with other rooms so you don’t miss anything for those brief moments you’re in these spaces.

B- Consider rooms with TVs as worthy of having 2 separate Sonos rooms, one for TV audio and one for music.  Along the same line of thinking, add a TV to every room...just in case.

C - For rooms that have multiple listening areas, add multiple Sonos rooms for optimum audio.  You need one stereo pair facing the couch and another facing your desk.  In a kitchen, you can have a pair facing the sink, while another pair faces the stove/oven.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

This is a problem with some solutions.

A - Start thinking of your laundry room, bathroom, hallways, closets, etc as spaces in your home that could really benefit from audio.  Sure, they are used less frequently, but you can group with other rooms so you don’t miss anything for those brief moments you’re in these spaces.

B- Consider rooms with TVs as worthy of having 2 separate Sonos rooms, one for TV audio and one for music.  Along the same line of thinking, add a TV to every room...just in case.

C - For rooms that have multiple listening areas, add multiple Sonos rooms for optimum audio.  You need one stereo pair facing the couch and another facing your desk.  In a kitchen, you can have a pair facing the sink, while another pair faces the stove/oven.

That made me chuckle! 😅

Although regarding point C - I have to confess to already having this in my lounge! I have my turntable/CD set up with my Fives and Sub, then I have my HT set up for the telly. The pair of Eras will be my other set up for Atmos and probably any music streaming. See I told you I’m an addict haha.

That made me chuckle! 😅

Although regarding point C - I have to confess to already having this in my lounge! I have my turntable/CD set up with my Fives and Sub, then I have my HT set up for the telly. The pair of Eras will be my other set up for Atmos and probably any music streaming. See I told you I’m an addict haha.

Wait, so that’s 3 Sonos rooms in your Lounge?  You win.💃🏻

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

There are - to my shame! 😂

And the sole ERA 300 will soon have a little pal to pair up with haha

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@melvimbe - got the Era today and it sounds fab. Sounds fine at the slightly lower height. Here's a pic 

Dunno if you can see the Sub mini sat on the stand base? Thought I'd have to stand it in front of the stand but it sits nicely on the base (that was his place anyway). It's used for the Beam HT set up and isn't part of the 300 'room'. My surrounds are out of shot of course. So that is 2 of my lounge 'rooms'. Here's my other one 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

So........…

I ended up getting another stand and moving the book case! 😆

And let me tell you, that new stand was a 'bleep bleep' to put together! Was SO difficult to get the screws in but I finally did it late last night!

Oh and not only does the Beam have a Sub mini (left), so does the Era pair now (right) ...... Eeeeek 🤣

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

That young duck on the table is intrigued with the 300 😀 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

😆 he is a bit!

So........…

I ended up getting another stand and moving the book case! 😆

And let me tell you, that new stand was a 'bleep bleep' to put together! Was SO difficult to get the screws in but I finally did it late last night!

Oh and not only does the Beam have a Sub mini (left), so does the Era pair now (right) ...... Eeeeek 🤣

I really like the look of this better with the symmetry.  The 300s are just to big and noticable.  I have a room where one play 1 is on stand, the other on shelf, but they blend in are really barely noticable.

The dual minis on each looks good too.  Purple rug just brings it all together.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks 🙂. Yeah just had to get another mini as I needed to even out the look (at least that was my excuse haha). They do go well on the stands too. No issues with vibrations as they are not pushed right up to the poles. There is a small gap