Skip to main content
Question

3 Days No Luck connecting sonos Ikea speakers

• 8 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, looking for some help guidance insight, a miracle! I have a set of IKEA speakers I bought three years ago have worked very well until this year.

I have a vacation house in Italy. I’ve tried to connect them to the TP link Internet in the house. I’ve had 000 luck.

I will connect them to the Howes system go through the process and then it says on the app I’m not connected

None of the speakers show up

I factory reset all the speakers there’s eight reconnected everything now three times

I read on Reddit to eliminate the firewall on Link, which I did made no difference

I tried to reconnect for the fourth time no luck now I wired directly into ethernet and it still won’t find the speaker!!!

I’ve walked away several times as I was on the brink of taking a hammer to everything!!! Lol

I have several systems in Sonos for many years. I’ve never had any problem like this.

The Italy house has its own account on Settings separate from my USA account.

The only difference this year I purchased Skylink, which then feeds TP Link for the satellite. I don’t know that that would cause a problem as I haven’t seen any issues with anyone else I’ve read.

I’m at a point I just want to sit back and enjoy some music as I’ve always enjoyed the experience with Sonos but after three days, I don’t know what else to do.

In reading the help on Sonos, it tells me to do the systems and procedures and protocols. I have done them now four times.

There is definitely problem missing something, but I don’t know what it is.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @Olive Trees,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and apologies for the late response.

Sorry to hear that setting up Sonos is causing such a hassle, especially in a vacation house where you would just want to relax. I was going to look at what known problems are kicking about with TP Link routers, but since you pointed out that you are using Skylink, I think this might be the first point on the agenda. This type of connection can work, but is unsupported by Sonos.

I found an older topic about it: Solution for Getting your Sonos to work with your Starlink Router | Sonos Community

Perhaps you find some pointers there to get it going.

Hope this helps!