Skip to main content
Answered

2x era 100 / sub / samsung Frame

• 5 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I have no room for soundbar, so using 2 era 100s in stereo pair and a Sonos sub. Works fine if I use music source like iTunes. But on Frame TV, which I am using Bluetooth to get audio to era 100, sub produces no sound, but era100s work. ? 

6 replies

What you are experiencing is to be expected for TV audio using any speaker or speakers that are not an Arc, Beam 1 or 2, Ray or the old Play Bar, Play Base series. There’s no fix or work-around.

Thanks. Anyone need a mint Frame 65 let me know…. lol 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Fishon401 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As @AjTrek1 is usually so clued-up on these types of question, I presume they misunderstood your question a little bit.

When sending a Bluetooth feed to an Era 100 stereo pair with a Sub/Sub Mini bonded, the Sub/Sub Mini should be playing along too. The speakers have no real way of knowing/caring that the Bluetooth source is a TV rather than, for example, a phone. That the Sub Mini doesn’t play, when it does with normal music playback, suggests that something is not quite right - it sounds like a software issue, but let’s try some things first.

First, please unplug all three speakers from power for a moment, then plug them all back in.

If that did not fix the issue, please remove the Sub Mini from the room, then add it back on again:

1. Settings icon » [relevant room] » Remove Sub » Remove Sub.
  2. Settings icon » [relevant room] » Connect Sub.

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P 

Thanks. I was misunderstanding the question. 😊

That worked! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Fishon401 

Fantastic! Thanks for updating the thread!