Answered

2 sonos play:3’s connect to Spectrum router, but third won’t

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have 2 play:3’s connected, bought a 2nd hand for another room.  App couldn’t find it, connected the speaker to the router, it can see it but won’t connect.  Is it the router?  Seems odd since 2 are already connected.

icon

Best answer by Lhopping 14 November 2023, 04:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try connecting it to the router with Ethernet and see if it can be seen by the App then.

Depending on how old/outdated the internal firmware is you may need to contact Sonos support to have an update pushed to it.

Did you follow this: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-a-new-product-to-an-existing-sonos-system

The app “sees” it when it is connected to the router but it won’t add it.  I called Sonos support today and the best guess is it’s the router. Doesn’t make sense since 2 others are already connected. Support person did not mention pushing new firm ware to the speaker.  
thank you. 

If it’s a 2nd hand PLAY:3, a hardware failure in the WiFi circuitry can’t be ruled out. If it’s showing up while connected with an Ethernet cable, it’s unlikely to need a firmware update. 

But updating and rebooting the router seems intelligent to me, and certainly shouldn’t hurt.