Answered

Will Sonos1 fit Alphason Play 1 stands?

• 5 October 2017
  • 7 replies

I've a pair of Play 1s as part of a Playbase/sub home cinema set up and am planning to move them up to the bedroom and replace with the new Sonos1. The Play 1s will perch on the windowsill upstairs, so I'm wondering whether the new speakers will fit my existing Alphason stands. Hopefully they will!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 October 2017, 06:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Not familiar with those stands, but as noted in a couple of other threads over the last 24 hours, the new Sonos One does not have a screw port in the back to secure to stands. Since they're roughly the same shape and size of the PLAY:1, if those stands have them "sit", rather than screw in, you should be fine. Ryan S earlier yesterday morning linked (and I did too, late last night) to a wall mount stand that Sanus has already developed for the Sonos One.

I suspect over the next several weeks, we'll start to see other manufacturers come up with speaker stands of all sorts that support the Sonos One, but as it was only announced yesterday morning, it's a tad early. Personally, I'm a fan of Flexson, but a quick look last night didn't show anything. And if there's nothing that appeals to me as surround stands, I'll likely just put some "floating" shelves to mount my surrounds, should I decide to replace the current PLAY:1s with Sonos Ones.
Thankyou- they do have screw mounting points for the play 1s but I think the 1s will probably sit on them for now while I keep an eye out for dedicated stands.
Just so we can all keep them clear, it's PLAY:1 and Sonos One. The new one is spelled out, no numerals. 🙂
:8 Thanks for the clarification!
Laugh. You're welcome. I got a similar poke yesterday 🙂
I emailed Flexson this morning and they replied that a floor stand for the new Sonos ONE ☺ will be available from mid November. ?
Awesome, thanks for taking the initiative. Not that I'm terribly surprised, they seem to be pretty tightly tied to Sonos equipment, but it's nice to have confirmation. I'll look forward to what they come up with, I've been quite pleased with the several pieces I've already got from them.