Skip to main content

Since the most recent updates to the controller and to players, the white status light on my new Roam will not turn off no matter what the settings are in the controller.  I have seen a couple of other threads on this same issue that are closed to further comments.  Does that mean Sonos is working on a fix?  I do not have the same issue on my many other players and amps, just on the Roam.

It’s unusual, to be sure. Since you’ve tried the settings in the controller, have you tried rebooting the Roam and Move (power off, wait one minute, power back on)? 

My guess is either there’s a network issue, since I’m not experiencing this on my Roam. It seems as though either the software is messed up, in which case a reboot will reload the OS, or that the signal being sent from the controller is not reaching the device. 

Might be helpful to tell us which device is your controller, and which version of both the device’s OS as well as the Sonos system’s software you’re using. 

The status LED is not being confused with the mic LED is it? The latter is on the top/end of the Roam and won’t turn off unless the mic is disabled. 

The status light on the Roam will still not go out no matter what I do.  I have tried powering the unit off and waiting overnight and when I turned it back on the status light comes on even if the settings have it disabled.  I have not confused it with the microphone light which does turn on and off as you would expect.  On the plus side, the status light on the Move seems to be working correctly now.  So it’s just an issue on the one week old Roam.  Bottom line is that the Status light on the Sonos Roam just cannot be turned off.  Since I know that others have reported the same issue I would like to know if Sonos has acknowledged this as a bug and will fix it at some point.  Alternatively, should I try to exchange my Roam for a replacement and hope for better luck.

OK success, after trying several times to turn the unit off and then back on, it magicaly started behaving correctly, so problem solved !!