When will Fives be eligible for upgrade?

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know when Fives may be eligible for the upgrade programme?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It’s usually when they are superseded with their next generation speaker as a replacement, but there are no rumours about that happening at this moment in time. Their initial launch was back in June 2020, so it maybe a few years before we perhaps see something to replace them. There are rumours online about other Sonos devices, going into 2024/25, but nothing that touches on that fairly new Sonos ‘flagship’ speaker.

OK, thanks Ken, I just wondered whether the Era 300 might be considered an upgrade for the Five, but I guess not.

Thanks for your reply.

OK, thanks Ken, I just wondered whether the Era 300 might be considered an upgrade for the Five, but I guess not.

Thanks for your reply.

I think most around here would perhaps see the Era 300 as a replacement for the old Play:3 and the Era 100 as replacement for the Play:1/Sonos One.

If the Five is upgraded, my own thoughts are that Sonos would perhaps call it the Era 500, but as we know we can only guess at these things as Sonos tend not to mention their development roadmap, or give too much away.