Skip to main content

Hi, 

I have got two nintedo switches in the house and they run wirelessly. I also have my sonos system. The Swithches are furthest from the router in our house and both sit relativly close to a sonos product. The wireless signal is somewhat low for both the swithches so was wondering if I could hook each switch via the eathernet ports on the sonoses. Will this provide a more stable network for the Swithches to run on? 

The Ethernet ports are deactivated unless your Sonos system is running in ‘wired’ SonosNet mode - which basically means you need one Sonos product wired to your router.

The Sonos Ethernet ports are 10/100, but expect to get around 12-15Mb/s. I can’t say if the Nintendo switch products will interfere with music playback when in use, but just try these things and see.

Hi Thanks, yes will need to wire one sonos to the router. Use to have that setup one sonos is close to the router :) 

I have fixed my sonos system back to ethernet but can't the switch to connect to the Internet. Is there anything that I need to do bar connect the ethernet from the switch to  sonos  in that room and ethernet cable from router to other sonos speaker? Are there any other things I need to do? Many thanks

Perhaps just check the Sonos product that you are connecting the Hive Hub to, is operating on SonosNet. The easiest way to establish that, is to check the ‘About My System’ area of the Sonos App in ‘Settings/System’ and see if it has WM: 0 next to it’s entry in the device list. If it’s set to WM: 1 then it’s still using your router WiFi and not SonosNet, so in that case there are two things to try …

1. Reboot the Speaker to try to cause it to switchover to SonosNet. This usually solves the issue. If not consider the next step…
  2. When ALL products are ‘showing’ in the Sonos App (important), then you could also try removing the WiFi credentials from your Sonos devices, so that the unwired speakers have no option to use the router WiFi …and so are forced to seek out the SonosNet signal/connection. This second step is optional, I guess, but some choose this to stop their devices jumping between a SonosNet signal and their routers WiFi signal anyway. See this link below on how to remove the WiFi network credentials using the Sonos App:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3488

Hope the above resolves the issue for you.

Hi checked the system and all sonos speakers are on WM:0. Have also removed wireless network from speakers so all should now be on sonos net. Have also changed the channel to see if that will help. The switch doesn't want to connect, just wondering if there is anything else that I might be missing? 

Hi checked the system and all sonos speakers are on WM:0. Have also removed wireless network from speakers so all should now be on sonos net. Have also changed the channel to see if that will help. The switch doesn't want to connect, just wondering if there is anything else that I might be missing? 

Not that I’m aware of. If available, try plugging in something else to the speaker, eg. Laptop or something else that uses an Ethernet connection and see if that works?

If it doesn’t work, then maybe try a different cable, or speaker.

Ok thanks. Going to do that to see if it is something like that. Many thanks 

Assuming it's the OLED model and not the previous model where you need a (very picky) adaptor, have you plugged the Switch directly to ethernet and confirmed it connects OK?

Hi no that's one things I'm going to do. Got the second generation switch not the oled model. Manufaturers of adapter say works with switch. 

I'd try the Switch first then as I've seen quite a few supposed compatible adaptors that don't work..