Skip to main content

Along with or Instead of the current charging base option that is all one connected piece. The Sonos Move should have an extra option for purchase that receives power via USB type C and an accompanying 45 watt USB-C PD charging block (as they recommend, also preferably detachable form the cord). Type C to Type C cord preferably for future proofing.

This would help stream line the product as it can be charged via the USB type C when being transported or use on the go. 

This was almost a deal breaker for me when trying to decide between the Sonos Move and the Bose Portable Home Speaker. As the Bose PHS has a type C charging base and can easily be charged with an ordinary android or apple type c charger

There is a USB-C port on the back of mine and the instructions say it can be charged though this.

USB-C to USB-C leads are readily available, as are 45W USB-C charger blocks.

But at that point why do, you need the charging base then? Also, there are a lot of topics on here about the charging blocks not working even though they meet the 45 w requirement so an official one would help solve that issue. 

I guess because the charging base is more convenient as you don’t need to unplug the USB lead every time you want to move the Move!! Just sit it back on the charging base once you have finished using it elsewhere. I regularly move mine around the house and into the garden.

I find the existing charging base easy and practical.  If I want an alternative I’ll buy one.