Skip to main content
Just found out, that since replacing my wireless modem, I can no longer use my HP Notebook to operate the Sonos Controller!!! To use my notebook, I need to take my playbar down and hardwire it to my new modem and reprogram it. Sounds easy!! Modem in the basement, playbar under my TV in great room. This is just another example of the dumb decisions made by management. Was going to buy 3 play ones. Decided not to waste time and money!! Have had other problems with Sonos but they would take up a book to describe. My suggestion is to look elsewhere for speakers. As a side note, retired after 36 years in music radio,I tell everyone I know not to buy Sonos products..
Get an Android or iOS device to as you say "operate the Sonos Controller"
Have had other problems with Sonos but they would take up a book to describe. My suggestion is to look elsewhere for speakers

I tell everyone I know not to buy Sonos products..

So what are you doing here?? If the other companies are so much better, then leave already
yawn …

Desktop app just won't do setup - still operates just fine as Sonos Controller (incorrect statements above)

For setup you need ios or android device to do the setup (you don't have one of those?)
yawn …

Desktop app just won't do setup - still operates just fine as Sonos Controller (incorrect statements above)

For setup you need ios or android device to do the setup (you don't have one of those?)

I just got a new Flip Phone last week (it is awesome!) Those are Android devices right?
I just got a new Flip Phone last week (it is awesome!) Those are Android devices right?

I think Blackberry made a flip phone at one point... so there's no reason a flip phone can't also be smart. 🙂
Why do people put their devices in such inaccessible places.