Skip to main content
Hi guys. I just purchased two Play 1's to go with my Beam. The Beam is connected to a 2016 Samsung vis HDMI Arc.

I'm not sure if Im getting surround sound. While watching "normal" tv on occasions/intermittently the rears don't come on. Plus I was expecting a huge difference with the new set up.

Here is my current setting on the TV

HDMI Audio Format = Bitstream

Audio Format= PCM (The other option is DTS Neo 2.5. Dolby Digital is greyed out)

Checked on the Sonos Controller and the Beam's Audio in is Stereo, but The Play 1's doesn't indicate any Audio in (Should it?)

Do I need to change the settings on my Samsung?

Your help will be muchly appreciated.

Cheers
HDMI Audio Format = Bitstream looks correct, but what are the other options available?

PCM = Stereo, so I wouldn't expect to that to give much audio in the surrounds. I really should be Dolby Digital. I wonder if it is enabled with a different HDMI Audio Format. It may also be tied to whatever HDMI setting you are currently set to. For example, you may be currently connected to a Blu-ray playber that is incapable of producing dolby digital.

Also, what are your sources connected to the TV by HDMI? I would check the audio settings on those device as well.
Hey Thanks for the response

"HDMI Audio Format = Bitstream looks correct, but what are the other options available?" ......PCM (and no other options)

I've only got the Beam connected to HDMI Arc; however when I watch movies from a portable hard drive (USB) connected to another HDMI slot it does allocate the Dolby Digital option.