Skip to main content
Morning all, like a lot of us I'm going through that exercise of upgrading all our lights from the oddball collection to 100% LED and it caused me to wander what my various Sonos boxes consume on standby and in operation.

Does anyone have stats that show (to a layman) what my various CA's, Play 5's, Sub Woofers etc consume .... whilst passive and when hammering it out? Very interested to have an idea about that......maybe Sonos has the data in a table on site somewhere?

Many thanks in advance
I Googled "Sonos power consumption" and this was the first hit.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/260/~/sonos-power-consumption-when-idle
You know what Stuart .... hands up, I have to confess to jumping straight to the source and should have done that. Apologies.

I appreciate you looking that up and posting. Many thanks
I have a new build house and wanted speakers throughout so went with the choice from my AV supplier and picked Sonos Connect:Amp. I did some calculations on the weekend, this means I have 14 x 6.7w x 24 hrs x 365 days = 821kw/h per year when their not even in use!

Looking at my TV's (0.3w), USB plugs (0.005w), I am actually astonished that SONOS products use so many watts!