Skip to main content
Is Play1 using the older Sonosnet version or the newer 2.0 version? What is the difference between the two generations in terms of reach and/or other issues? Does the One have greater reach than Play1? I am having some signal drop issues in a somewhat large home (120 sqm apartment in an L shape, with concrete walls) with a mixed setup of Play1s and Ones (10 units in all). Considering buying a pair of Boosts (I have one installed already) or, alternatively, exchanging some of the older Play1s with the newer One model. What would ensure the best signal coverage?
Newer. Sonosnet 2.0 came out with the ZP90/ZP100, which preceded the Play:1.
The only thing you'd want to even possibly consider swapping out is a BRIDGE for a BOOST. As jgatie says, all of your equipment is already on SonosNet 2.0, if you're even using it.
Ok, tanks. Not using Bridge, only a single Boost in addition to the speakers. So I guess I will go shopping for a couple of Boosts tomorrow.
If I were having that issue, I'd be tempted to get extra speakers, rather than a BOOST. They act in the same manner, and you get the benefit of the Sonos sound in a new room 🙂
Yes, that would be great, except my wife does not want any more speakers around the house. I also have a big stereo system. Just need to get the Sonos system stable.
Understood. The WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is always something to be aware of. Good luck!
Just to make absolutely sure... your Boost is wired to your router?
One of the speakers is hardwired to the router. The Boost is in the hall as a bridge in the Sonosnet. Should be the same signal wise.
Yep that should be fine.