Answered

Sonos system compatible with Samsung Freestyle?

• 30 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, anyone knows if Sonos speakers are compatible to connect via WIFI to a Samsung Freestyle projector?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 March 2022, 02:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Looking online, the only connections I’m seeing to that Samsung Projector are HDMI and Bluetooth.

Sonos products (such as the Amp/Arc/Beam) do not have an HDMI connection, as they use either HDMI-ARC, or HDMI-eARC - so the only way to connect to Sonos seems to be by using the Bluetooth connection (assuming that its BT profile is compatible with Sonos products) .

There are two Sonos devices that are able to connect using Bluetooth and those are the Sonos Move and the Sonos Roam, both of which are portable rechargeable battery powered speakers. You can read more about those at the links below:

Sonos Move

Sonos Roam

Userlevel 7

The projector cannot connect to Sonos via WiFi but it can connect via Bluetooth to a Sonos Move or Roam. The Roam can also be used as a Bluetooth gateway for the rest of your Sonos speakers.

The projector cannot connect to Sonos via WiFi but it can connect via Bluetooth to a Sonos Move or Roam. The Roam can also be used as a Bluetooth gateway for the rest of your Sonos speakers.

Thanks Rashi, I tried that way and it worked.

thanks!

Hello @Ricardox ,

I’ve the same problem here, i’ve a samsung freestyle projector and two Sonos One, and i’m enable to connect between them. 

A Roam could be a real solution to play sound of movie in stereo on the Sonos One ? 

Userlevel 7

Hello @Ricardox ,

I’ve the same problem here, i’ve a samsung freestyle projector and two Sonos One, and i’m enable to connect between them. 

A Roam could be a real solution to play sound of movie in stereo on the Sonos One ? 

Yes, it is possible to pair the projector with the Roam over Bluetooth and then group the Ones with the Roam in the Sonos app.

Read more here:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5048