Sonos speakers cutting out

Hope this will help anyone having the issue of Sonos One speakers cutting out.  Have gone through all the help forums and suggestions and found only one that really works.

I have an ARC and sub, Play 5 and four Sonos One speakers.  The One speakers would cut out whenever a new song would play.  Finally connected the Play 5 to a nearby Eero unit and all speakers play continuously with no cutting out.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I politely have a few things to ask, which is mostly just out of curiosity on my part.

Do you use your eero mesh system only for your network, (eg. is one of the Hubs acting as your router?)… or do you have them operating in ‘bridge mode’, where (usually) the ISP provided hardware is the modem/router with NAT/DHCP server operating on that device (eg. that all the eero hubs are just operating as access points on the Subnet)?

Also if it is the latter, do you have the WiFi adapters switched off on any ISP provided hardware.

And last, but not least, which eero Hub did you cable your Sonos device to, was it the ‘primary’ Hub or just one of the satellite Hubs?

Thanks, in advance.

I have an ARC and sub, Play 5 and four Sonos One speakers.  The One speakers would cut out whenever a new song would play.  Finally connected the Play 5 to a nearby Eero unit and all speakers play continuously with no cutting out.

Congratulations. You’re now operating in SonosNet (‘wired’) mode, which is the standard solution when a system struggles with ‘channel roulette’ across multiple WiFi mesh nodes.