Skip to main content

When my roam is placed on a Qi charger and it is fully charged, if I leave it on the charger and play a song. When I have finished playing, the roam seems stuck in a state where the charging is turning on and off and on and off…….

How to fix this problem?

Hi @Martin1234567, welcome to the community.

What model of charger are you using? What is the rated power output of the Qi charger? Is it the official Sonos wireless charger? If so, what power plug are you using? If the power output of the charger is below 10W then it’s possible that the low power output is causing the charger to disconnect/reconnect. It could also be that the third-party charger has limited “back-off” logic, where it will stop charging the device at 100%, or it may try to continuously provide power despite the Roam being fully charged.

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using the Livboj IKEA wireless charger. The rated power is 10W input and 5W output. Charging works very well, but the problem occur when the device is fully charged. 

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using the Livboj IKEA wireless charger. The rated power is 10W input and 5W output. Charging works very well, but the problem occur when the device is fully charged. 

Seeing the same problem with the same charging pad - white and orange flashing lights after full charge when left on the pad.

I thought the desired charging output was 7.5W for Qi, and not 5W?

I see the FAQ only talks about direct power connection, and not the Qi power requirements. I’d assume with parasitic losses inherent with non-direct methods, you’d want slightly better than the direct requirements.